We have a full programme of social events at the club, organised by Debbie Bissett and Pamela Prior. Recent events have included:
- Horse Racing and Burns Night Celebration
- Valentines Evening with ‘Spot the Baby’ and ‘Mr & Mrs’ Competitions
- A Bingo Night
- Easter Picnic Race Night
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Celebration – Thursday, 2nd June
The club is holding a Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Party at the club on Thursday, 2nd June, starting at 2.00 pm. This event is open to all members, their family and friends.
There will be a fun bowling game on the green for bowlers, with a charge of £3.00, starting at 2.30 pm.
We will be selling food from the BBQ and all those attending are asked to bring along a savoury dish or dessert. For those wishing to toast Her Majesty the Queen, a special drink will be available from the bar!
Additional activities include:
- Guess how many sweets in a jar
- Name the teddy
- Guess the weight of a cake
- ‘Old fashioned’ games like cribbage, shove half penny, dominoes
- Twister, Limbo and Giant Jenga
The club has an informal social evening every Friday where members can have a roll- up, take part in the Webber, or catch up with friends and enjoy a drink at the club bar. Some special Friday evenings are being planned – a Calypso night in July and a Tapas Evening in August – more details to follow!